Saturday, June 6, 2020

support your local journalists

These are the folks keeping me updated on happenings.
I do read the Seattle Times, PI and local reporters, but the list below are neighborhood voices, on the street daily and nightly. Things can change quickly on the street and they are out on the front lines. Support 'em financially if you can. I did and will continue to.
*
Things seemed quieter yesterday. It seems like de-escalation has calmed everyone, if only for the time being. I had to pick up food for a family member yesterday so could only stop by for a minute, but the level of organization has increased--tabling, water and supplies, medics, all clearly marked; and the distance between law enforcement and protesters is greater--much less claustrophobic.
I asked my apartment building to contact Sunset Electric about their coordination effort regarding tear gas in the neighborhood. Redside and Hamilton Urban have been markedly hostile about covid-19 impacts and completely silent on this past week of turmoil, so I don't hold out a lot of hope.
There are protests all over town today -- ten I counted so far!
*
Be safe. Be informed. Power to the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment