Wednesday, June 24, 2020

the in-between

I was a big fan of Stranger Things for 2.2 seasons. (Seasons 1&2 = YES, Season 3 = meh).
Living in times of covid-19, massive protest, and the confounding chaos of CHOP has made me reflect on the Upside Down.
These are Strange Times.
We're living in the In-Between.
Two trusted friends have proposed that we are living in a time of revolution. I guess you don't recognize it when you're in it, like the ol' frog being boiled in a saucepan, and my inner, long-dormant Baptist quakes a little bit at the concept, but--they might be right.
*
The pandemic continues--worsens--and since everyone is tired of precautions and staying home, we just act like it's over. My neighborhood has gone from teargas and cops to a so-called autonomous zone (and tetrabytes of breathless coverage) to a so-called occupied protest (even more coverage and criticism) to now nightly shootings to -- ?
What's next?
*
I hope for positive next steps.
Re-focusing on systemic change. Fairness. Justice. Reparations?
*
Also, I'm hoping for restful sleep sometime soon.
My mind churns. I hear a firework and think it's a grenade, or a gunshot.
Trying to keep busy, I work all day, sew masks, keep creating, connecting, hoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment