Saturday, July 25, 2020

Collateral

I was on my way to peacefully protest this afternoon but made a quick stop at the QFC on Broadway and Pike first.
Maybe 5pm? Suddenly loud booms from up the block near Seattle Central College. Security at the store started hustling people in and out. "Thirty minutes," they yelled. "We're closing."
I walked out onto Broadway. The bike brigade blocked traffic northbound. A plume of pepper spray rolled down the hill and we all started to choke and cough.
*
On 10th and Pine, the 49 bus abandoned its route and turned southbound onto 10th.
It's a chaotic scene with police everywhere and a low flying helicopter drowning out everything but yells and explosions.
After walking to the park and around my neighborhood, stopping to say hi to a neighbor and a puppy, I came home to shower. My lungs hurt.
The streams online don't bode well.
*
Audio from Capitol Hill Seattle, July 25, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment