Wednesday, April 22, 2020

conflicted

Some days I'm ready for "this" to be "over."
I write "this" because "this" is all anyone ever talks about.
"This" as a topic of conversation is tedious and also magnetic. Like a devastatingly handsome villain.
Also, I write "over" because "over" seems like a fantasy.
I think we will emerge slowly into some kind of new reality but it seems doubtful we can ever go back to what was.
And yet, we as a species are capable of extreme banality and self-destruction, so who knows?
*
In any case, other days, I'm enjoying teleworking (except when people get online with cut up apple snacks or bowls of cereal, which happens all too often). It's nice to have no commute and to structure my day in ways that work better for me. To take a break for lunch, an actual break! To see the little kitty across the way as I'm at my laptop.
I think about how "over" could be different, for me.
I hope I will be courageous enough to make the necessary changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment