Saturday, April 11, 2020

perspective, bees, and Dina Martina

Walking around outside in the afternoon is rage inducing. Especially in my neighborhood.
People can't resist the allure of the park, hardly anyone wears masks or moves aside on the sidewalk. I need to restrict my exercise walks to early mornings, I guess.
Bemasked, wearing sunglasses and a ballcap, and keeping a vigilant eye out. And taking some deep, hopefully covid-19-free breaths to keep my perspective.
*
The family chat this week was a somewhat clumsy round of Balderdash. We had some laughs; not the usual full-on giggles, but chuckles, anyway. A couple of the younger cousins shared close ups of their noses.
*
Today an early morning misty walk, and a quick run to the grocery store, where the clerk told me they'd had a huge swarm of bees just outside their windows yesterday, apparently searching for their queen. They'd called an emergency beekeeper who came out fully suited up and coaxed the angry bees into a box and took them away, presumably to their queen or another queen. What's next, the clerk said. Locusts?
*
A friend shared Dina Martina's new video, and I've watched it at least 3 times, laughing aloud at the lyrics, the deepfake videos, the sheer lunacy of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment