Saturday, April 18, 2020

credit where credit is due

Realizing as I post photos of art on boarded-up coffee shops, bars, restaurants, etc. that I need to be more diligent about crediting the artist, if the work is signed. So I'm going back through all my covid-19 posts and updating them as best I can.
The barista/owner at Caffe Ladro told me Ballard Avenue is nothing but boarded-up venues, but I won't be able to check it out until some of the restrictions are lifted. He's the last coffee shop open in lower Fremont and says so far everyone is being pretty cooperative. The coffee is good and much-needed, and I always tip about 50%.
*
Apparently 2 farmer's markets are opening today, with strict limitations?
Much as I want to support farmers, this seems like a terrible idea. Mayor Durkan's "keep it moving" campaign so far isn't really working as the park I passed by yesterday was packed with people sitting on benches, sunbathing, or just lying around on the park grass. (Also, ick.)
There's finally some rain today after about 2 dry weeks, so hopefully that will help us all stay inside.
*
Weekend takeout adventures continue.
Last weekend from Pecado Bueno: 5-stars for the fresh, lime-y tortilla chips and quick service, plus the breakfast burrito I got for the next day was loaded with tots!
Then, from Ada's: delicious tapenade, and exquisite desserts of flaky baklava and creamy, chocolatey profiteroles. They need to work on their system though, I had to walk around the restaurant and call back into the kitchen to get my order. Still, it was delicious.
Qazi's is also a great choice, particularly for samosas and malai kofta, although waiting around outside on their deck is a little stressful.
Norm's and Roxy's have joined forces and I will say takeout fried pickles scratched an itch I didn't know I had.
Even Blue Star has gotten into delivery, with their delicious breakfast available all day, including the giant cinnamon roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment