Saturday, October 24, 2020

finally, a return

photo of poster saying ETG is open again
The coffee situation during pandemic times has been challenging.

My favorite coffee shop in Fremont, ETG--the owner roasts beans in house and they bake their own pastries--closed down in March. So did everyone else, except for Caffe Ladro and Starbucks, so I took my business mostly to Ladro. Last week, I got bunched up in a long line at Ladro with a guy close enough to breathe on me, who then asked me if I was in line (I said DUDE), and the guy behind him maskless and gawking around. I fled, sans coffee, and wondered today what I would do for coffee.

Reluctantly, today, I got Starbucks. The workers are actually cool guys--one plays in a band that's had gigs at Tim's Tavern--but still. I'd rather support a locally owned shop.

I walked towards my destination and spotted what looked like--could it be?--lights on at ETG. 

Closer still, I saw the sandwich board out on the sidewalk.

ETG is back! I peered in through the plexiglass and saw the owner and her daughter. Welcome back! I shrieked, making them both jump. We chatted. They're only open Fridays and Saturdays for now.

Finally, some good news. ETG is back.

Go see 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment