Sunday, October 4, 2020

I cry every day

I hate crying and especially in public, but these days, tears are a release.

Some days, I cry out of frustration. The stress upon stress upon stress, with no end in sight.

Occasionally, from anger. The pandemic didn't need to be this bad, or long, or devastating. And now the biggest, loudest liars have been infected. My city could do better, but we're failing.

Other days, fear. How bad is it? How bad will it get? Will I be strong?

And some days, from loneliness. I'm by myself a lot. I can go days without seeing anyone or hearing a human voice other than on a podcast, or a work call. I desperately miss being with my friends, family, going to clubs, shows, art events. Life. I know it will all come back. We are losing so much in the meantime. But, I know it will all come back.



No comments:

Post a Comment