Sunday, October 11, 2020

wyd


We're still quarantining, aren't we? Aren't we?

I am. Haven't seen most of my family in seven months. Nor friends. I've seen a few folks here and there, for walk and talks or outdoor hangouts. Always with a mask. Always for an hour or two. 

I'm sick of it. I miss bars and shows and loud music and hanging out with friends, laughing and getting silly and dancing. I know we all do. I know we'll get back, one day soon. I know.

*


Out for a misty walk the other night, and we come across a woman standing at a kind of VIP podium on a deserted sidewalk. She says, Hey, we're having a pop-up Oktoberfest bar upstairs, would you like to come? We glance up a dark stairwell, and decline.

An hour earlier, I stood on a sidewalk a few blocks away and a skinny kid in a mask approached me, holding a cardboard box. Politely, he said, Would you be interested in buying a chocolate babka? I declined this too, with a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment