Wednesday, October 14, 2020

will-hay nelson

On a rainy Sunday a pal and I took a jaunt. I'd lucked out and rented a van for $2 so we threw some snacks and blankets in the back and headed north and west. I had a hankering for apple cider.

Somewhere south of the naval air station on Whidbey Island I spotted a pumpkin patch. Or rather, a few bright orange pumpkins piled in a field, along with a scraggly corn maze and a couple of hay bale sculptures. My favorite was Will-hay Nelson (braids, guitar and all) and an ominous warning to "keep 6' or sleep 6'," i.e. socially distance.

I got my hot cider from a friendly farmstand woman, and then the anti-mask family rolled in--literally--with crying kids and a wagon piled with pumpkins. We fled before the aerosol droplets began to fly, hot spicy cider in hand.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment